Thursday, December 04, 2008

from Dave Brown's blog

In Dave Brown's blog, JC's helper, he writes of throwing the baby out with the bathwater - or not. Is Christianity full of rubbish that needs to be ditched? The answer is pretty much, Yes, but Dave has some other things to add as well. The post begins thus:

I have read Cathleen Falsani's book, "The God Factor" in which she interviews 32 public figures about their spirituality. I recently read a similar one by an Australian journalist. I found them both interesting and exciting. There were so many times when I found myself saying, "Yeah! Great! Amen to that!" and that was often in response to people who would not be seen dead in a church. In both books there was criticism, hurt and sometimes anger expressed toward the Church and/or Christianity. Many had "outgrown" the religion of their youth. I mix with fire fighters, ambulance personnel and other workers who share similar positions. To them, organised religion has had its day at best, or is a destructive, judgemental and limiting force at worse.

No comments: